agricultural education and research in India. It was established on 16 July 1929. The headquarters of ICAR is in New Delhi. It is conducted once a year for admission in various UG & PG coursrs .
The ICAR-AU (agriculture university) system of India has 74 Agricultural universities comprising 63 State Agricultural, Veterinary, Horticultural and Fisheries Universities (SAUs) , 4 ICAR-DUs Deemed University), IARI (Indian Agricultural Research Institute) ,IVRI ( Indian Veterinary Research Institute), NDRI(National Dairy Research Institute ) and CIFE (Central Institute of Fisheries Education ), 3 Central Agricultural Universities (CAU, Imphal, Dr. RPCAU, Pusa and RLB CAU, Jhansi), 4 Central Universities (CUs) having Faculty of Agriculture (BHU, AMU, Viswa Bharati, and Nagaland University). The National Agricultural Research, Education, and Extension System (NAREES) of India is one of the largest in the world, admitting more than 27000 graduates, 14000 post-graduates and 4700 Ph.Ds annually, in different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences
ICAR AIEEA 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through following details regarding ICAR AIEEA Exam Pattern for both UG & PG course:
- Exam Mode: Examination will be organized through LAN Based CBT.
- Mandatory subject: Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Agriculture, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Questions Type: There will be Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) in the question paper.
- No. of Questions: Question paper will consist of 180 questions in total.
- Total Marks: There will be 720 maximum marks in the question paper.
- Language: Question paper will be in English & Hindi language.
- Marking scheme: Each right answer will consist of 4 marks.
- Negative marking: 1 mark will get deduct for each incorrect answer.The candidates must attempt subjects as per their choice in the Application, so they must exercise choice carefully.
In case of any discrepancy between English & Hindi Version of a question, English Version would be considered as valid.
|Mode of Exam
||150 Minutes (2 Hours & 30 Minutes)
||PCB, PCM, PCA and ABC
|Total No. of Questions
|Marks for Each Question
|Negative Mark for Wrong Answer
- Exam Mode: Examination will be organized through LAN Based CBT
- No. of Questions: There will be 160 questions in the question paper.
- Question Type: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: Question paper will consists of total 650 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 4 marks for each right answer& 1 mark for each cross- matching questions.
ICAR AIEEA Syllabus will comprise of various courses under UG & PG programmes. The topics under UG Course will be as Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology), Mathematics & Agriculture. The topics under PG course will be as Plant Biology, Physical Science, and Agronomy.
- Physics: Topics will be as Physical World & Measurement, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy & power, Gravitation, Kinematics, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Oscillation & Waves, and much more.
- Chemistry: Some of the topics are as solid state, structure of atom, thermodynamics, equilibrium, chemical bonding & molecular structure, group 13 elements, general introduction to p-block element and much more.
- Biology (Botany & Zoology): It will consists of topics as the living world, diversity of life, Multicellularity, structure & Function- Animal life, application of biology, origin & evolution of life, and much more.
- Mathematics: It will be as sets & functions, algebra, coordinate geometry, statistics & probability, dynamics, and etc.
- Agriculture: Genetics, & Plant breeding, crop production, horticulture, microbiology, and livestock production.
- Plant Biotechnology: DNA Replication, Photosynthesis, genetic engineering, structure & metabolic function of carbohydrates, proteins, engineering dry matter and many other such topics will come under this topic.
- Physical Science: It will consist of topics as Fats & Liquid, classifications, structure & function of plant, soil classifications, and much more.
- Agronomy: Topics will be as principles of crop ecology & crop adaptation, water management, protein’s, sugarcane, economic importance, medicinal & aromatics plants, and much more.
ICAR AIEEA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through following eligibility norms for various courses before applying for ICAR AIEEA 2022:
Qualification: Candidates must qualify 12th level examination from any recognized board or university to be eligible for the examination.
Percentage: General category candidates must score 50% marks in the qualifying examination & 40% for SC/ ST category candidates to be eligible.
Age Limit: He/ She must be at least 16 years in age as on 31st August 2022.
Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination will be also eligible for the examination.
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify the education in the pattern as 10+2+5 (B.V.Sc. & A.H)/ 10+2+4/ 10+6/ 10+2+3.
- Percentage: In case of general category, candidates must have minimum 6.0/ 10, 3.25/ 5, 2.60/4 grade points. SC/ ST/ PC category candidates must have minimum 5.60/ 10, 2.75/ 5, 2.20/ 4 grade points.
- Age Limit: He/ She must be at least 19 years in age as on 31st August 2022.
- Appearing: Appearing candidates will be also eligible for the examination.
- Application Fee Payable by the Candidates of Various Categories
- General/Unreserved, OBC-NCL* & UPS**/EWS*** Rs.750 /-
- SC, ST, PwD and Transgender Rs.375/-
- Applicable Service/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate.
A. SC/ST/OBC-(NCL)/EWS/PwD in each Category
There would be reservation of seats for admission as well as ICAR (UG) Scholarship to the extent of 15% for Scheduled Caste and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates in different disciplines. The reservation ofseats among SC/ST categories is interchangeable .
Reservation for candidates belonging to Central OBC-NCL category would be available at BHU, PSB Viswa Bharati; SASARD Nagaland University, CAUs and NDRI.Reservation of seats for EWS shall be in accordance with the Gazette Notification No. DL- (N)/04/0007/2003-19, dated 12th January, 2019, Ministry of Law and Justice (Legislative Department), Govt. of India or any further related Govt. of India directive(s) applicable at the time of counseling
Five percent seats are reserved horizontally across the categories in different subjects, for Persons with Disablitiy (PwD) candidates suffering from low vision, hearing impairment, locomotors disability or cerebral palsy with appropriate medical certificate having at least 40% disability and found suitable by the Counseling Committee/University official.
Two percent seats under each discipline would be reserved, horizontally, across categories for the candidates of the remote and under privileged States/UTs namely (i) Andaman & Nicobar Island, (ii) Arunachal Pradesh, (iii) Dadra and Nagar Haveli, (iv) Daman & Diu, (v) Goa, (vi) Lakshadweep, (vii) Manipur, (viii) Meghalaya, (ix) Mizoram, (x) Nagaland, (xi) Sikkim (xii) Tripura and (xiii) Ladakh where educational facilities in Agriculture and Allied Science subjects either do not exist or have no SAU(s) and who qualify this examination. UPS candidates will have to produce domicile certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of admission. There will not be any State quota within this quota.
Particulars to be filled in the Online Application Form: Before beginning the process of filling the Online Application Form, please keep the following information ready with you:
Copy of Board/ University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth
Type of Identification – Bank A/c Number/ Passport Number/ Ration Card/ Aadhar Card/Election ID/Other Govt ID
Certificate of Qualifying examination
Your Mailing Address as well as Permanent Address with Pin Code.
Four cities for Centres of your choice
Category Certificate, if applicable
Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Certificate, if applicable
Proof of Domicile State
Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate, if applicable
e-mail address and Mobile Number of candidates
Scanned images in JPG/JPEG format only
Candidate’s scanned Photograph File size must be between 10 kb to 200 kb. Candidate’s scanned Signature in running hand File size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb. Candidate’s Thumb Impression, Male-Left and Female-Right File size must be between 3 kb to 30 kb.
Candidates must go through preparation tips & tricks while preparing for ICAR AIEEA:
- Make proper short notes & revise it on regular basis.
- Study as per the syllabus & exam pattern.
- Solve previous year question paper.
- Purchase test series available in the market.
- Keep last one week only for revision.
- If you have any other query regarding ICAR EXAM, you can ask your query in the comments section below
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR STUDY MATERIAL OF IIT JEE &NEET