Do you want to study abroad? Here is a big opportunity for all the students seeking to study in a foreign country without any cost.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship is a program launched for students wanted to continue their higher study in abroad. It was established in 1983 since then this loan scholarship program has helped many Indian candidates to continue higher studies overseas without any difficulty.
Careeroptionhub is a unique platform that provides you with information on upcoming scholarships. We cover scholarship programs launched by the Central Government, State Governments, and Private Organizations.
We work hard to keep you updated with every possible Central Government Scholarship, State Government Scholarship, Pre Matric Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship, SC/ST Scholarships, OBC Scholarship, and many more.
To Grab this opportunity you must follow all the steps discussed further in this article.
Here we will provide all the necessary details that you should know before applying for the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2023.
Moreover, we will share step by step procedure of How to Apply for the scholarship, Eligibility criteria, Documents required, Last date to apply for the scholarship, and the scholarship benefits.
What is JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship?
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship is a loan scholarship program launched by Jamsetjee Nusserwanjee Tata, the founder of the Tata Group. These days studying abroad is very expensive and it is not possible for every student to meet the academic expenses.
JN loan scholarship program was initiated for a such student who has the desire to complete higher education abroad. It is a dream come true opportunity for such a student.
Under this loan scholarship program, selected students will be provided monetary benefits to complete their education without facing any difficulty.
Interested students must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the loan scholarship.
If you face any difficulty you can ask us in the Comment section below.
For latest updates, you can join our Official Telegram Channel as well as our Whatsapp Group
✅ Also Check:- CF Sparkle Inclusive Scholarship Programme
|Scholarship Name||JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship|
|Launched by||Tata Group|
|Launched for||Indian Students|
|Gender||Open for all|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official website||Visit Now|
|Renewable||One time payment|
|Last date of Application||7th March 2023|
|Awarded amount||INR 10 lakhs|
|Apply Link||Check Below|
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- The age of candidate should not be more than 45 years as of June 30, 2023.
- Should have at least 60% in graduation and post-graduation.
- Graduation degrees must be from a recognized institute in India.
- Candidates who did not get selected in the previous year/earlier for the loan scholarship are also eligible.
- Candidates who are awarded but could not receive loan scholarships can also apply.
- Candidates who missed applying to the J N Tata Endowment at the beginning of their overseas studies may apply.
- There should be a minimum 12-month remaining for their oversea studies.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible for this loan scholarship.
- Candidates who have paid the earlier loan scholarship are eligible to apply again.
- Candidate planning to pursue graduation and post-graduation in India are not eligible for this loan scholarship.
Field of study
- Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical, Aerospace, and Astronautics
- Biological Sciences
- ANATOMY / HUMAN ANATOMY
- Quantum Biology
- Computer Sciences
- DATA SCIENCE AND BIG DATA ANALYTICS
- Health Data Science
- Computational Statistics and Machine Learning
- Machine learning
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Data Science
- Computer Engineering
- SCHOOL COUNSELLING
- Engineering / Physics
- Environmental Science
- Industrial Design
- Information Technology
- Mass Communications
- Medical Sciences
- Health Data Science
- Masters in Nursing Anaesthesia
- Mathematical & Theoretical Physics
- Medical Physics
- EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY
- HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY
- School Psychology
- Sports Psychology
- INDUSTRIAL – ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY (I-O)
- Human factors/Engineering Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- Counseling psychology
- COGNITIVE AND BEHAVIORAL NEUROSCIENCE
- Clinical psychology
- Public administration or Public Policy
- Social Sciences
- DRUG DISCOVERY AND DEVELOPMENT
- Maritime Science and Technology Management
- Digital Arts and Humanities
- Defence Systems etc.
Most chosen countries
- The USA
- The UK
- The Netherlands
Benefits of JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship
- The selected candidates will receive scholarship loans up to INR 10 lakh.
- After completing the studies candidate need to repay the loan.
- Some of the other benefits of a scholarship loan:-
- Travel assistance up to rupees 50000
- Gift award amount to Rs.2,00,000/- to Rs.7,50,000/-
Also Check:- Reliance Foundation Scholarship
- Statement of purpose (SOP) (500-800 words)
- What is your course and why you have chosen it?
- Are you continuing your undergraduate stream or moving to a new stream? If new, what explains the change?
- What are your expectations for the postgraduate program?
- Do you have any experience in the chosen field? How?
- If you already have the experience, what additional skills do you hope to gain?
- How does your program fulfill your needs and interests?
- What are your career plans?
- Letter of recommendation (LOR)
- The LOR must be from a college professor. In case the applicant is working, he/she needs to get a LOR from the employer.
- Candidates must mention the recommender’s name, designation, and department, name of the college/university/organization, city, contact numbers, and their official email ID.
- LOR is mandatory for the successful submission of the application.
Application Process for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship
Following are the step-by-step process to successfully apply for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship:-
- Visit the official website of the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
- Now click on apply at the top right of the page.
- Click on the Register option which appears at the bottom of the sign-in page.
- Fill the aadhar number and Email id and click on check Registration.
- A one-time password will be sent to the registered email id.
- Create your own password within 48 hours of registration.
- Fill all the necessary detail asking in the application.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Click on final submit and take a printout for future reference.
The Selection Process for the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship comprises three phases:-
- Initial Screening
- Online test
First Phase: Initial Screening
Applications will be reviewed on the basis of the following factors
- Consistent Academic Performance
- Involvement in Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular activities.
- GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS scores
- Statement of Purpose
Shortlisted candidates will receive updates via email.
Second Phase: Online Test
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to appear for an Online test based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA). For Tata Loan Scholarship 2020, the online test will be conducted on April 12, 2020.
Candidates shortlisted after the TSA test will be invited for an interview session. However, before that, the candidates must upload scanned copies of student supporting documents.
Third Phase: Interview Session
The interview will be technical in the sense that candidates will be tested on the understanding of their subject. They will be examined in detail about the depth of their studies.
- The candidates who are applying in their second year will be tested on the knowledge they gained during their first year.
- The interview is conducted by the Director of Endowment and a Subject Expert in Mumbai or through Skype.
Note: Selection for interview sessions is no guarantee of receiving the Tata scholarship for Indian students pursuing higher education.
Following are the criteria for the final section of the candidate under JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship:-
- Interview Performance
- Online Exam Score
- Academic Performance
- Previous Work Experience
Last Date of Application
The last date to apply for the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships is 7th of March 2023. So make sure to apply as soon as possible before the application closed.
- 7th of March 2023 (Application last date)
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: +91-22-6665 7681 / 7198 / 7774 from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm between Monday to Friday
Points to Rember
Points to be remembered before applying for the scholarship:-
- First of all, check the eligibility criteria before applying for any scholarship.
- Apply as soon as possible don’t wait for the last date.
- Make sure to upload all the documents properly.
- Maintain the quality of the image of all the documents.
- Don’t upload any blur image that leads to rejection of your application.
- Upload your recent photograph with blue or white background.
- Fill all the detail as per your academic certificate.
- Only fill enter your valid mobile number and email address.
- If possible prefer a laptop or desktop in order to fill the application form.
- Keep ready of your document before applying (.pdf.jpeg.png.docs)
- The last check, all the details carefully before the last submission to avoid any mistakes.(Preview section)
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship FAQ
Is there any interest rate for the scholarship?
Yes, there is an interest rate of 2% per annum. But it may wave by Trustees if candidates repaid the loan by the end of the seventh year.
What is eligibility criteria for the scholarship?
The candidate must be an Indian citizen with not more than 45 years and many more.
What is the last date to apply for the scholarship?
The last date to apply for the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships is the 7th of March 2023.
What is the scholarship loan amount?
The amount of scholarship loan may vary from Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 10,00,000. All application doesn’t qualify for the maximum amount.
What is word length of SOP?
The word length of the SOP varies from 500 to 800 words.
How can I contact for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship?
Candidate can contact the office by given email and contact number
Email: [email protected] Tel: +91-22-6665 7681 / 7198 / 7774 from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm between Monday to Friday.